Our brows frame our face whilst our lashes define our eyes. It’s no surprise that lash extensions are one of the fastest growing beauty ‘must haves’ of recent times.
This a relaxing beauty treatment where synthetic lash extensions are skilfully bonded to your natural lashes to create a bespoke look that’s been designed and styled just for you.
Your lashes shed as a part of their natural growth cycle and the host lash takes the extension with it. This makes way for new growth that can be treated when it’s mature enough to carry the extension. Infills to maintain your look are recommended every 2-3 weeks and the frequency is defined by how you care for them, your lifestyle, health, growth cycle and your chosen look. If you have a more glamorous one, more frequent infills are advised.
You’re in expert hands with Julie. She’s one of a select few who are listed as an Expert Lasher in the U.K. given her extensive accredited knowledge base and practical experience of having performed over 16,000 treatments being over 25,000 hours of hands on practical experience. She is a bit of a ‘lash addict!’
Consultation and Patch Testing
For new clients, your treatment starts with a thorough consultation that takes around 20 minutes. This must be done at least 48 hours before any treatment.
Your consultation is held in private and you’ll be asked about infections, allergies and any recent surgery in or around your eyes. If this applies to you, you can find out more here.
As a Master Lash Stylist, she asks what you’re seeking to achieve from your treatment. She then considers a range of factors when designing your look that includes an assessment of your natural lashes to determine what you can safely wear. For this purpose, please arrive without eye makeup being worn.
Julie is strict about every client being patch tested with all the products that are used for the treatment process. A number of extensions will be bonded to your natural lashes to see how you get on with those products at that time. A reaction is rare but it can happen. For more information about reactions and what to do, click here
Preparing for your Appointment
- Arrive with clean lashes. No mascara or makeup to be worn around the eye area
- Arrive on time so Julie can use it to treat you to amazing lashes!
- Remove contact lenses for your safety and comfort
- Visit the bathroom beforehand so you can rest comfortably
- Avoid consuming lots of caffeine so your eyes and bladder stay calm
- Avoid consuming any alcohol so your head, eyes, mouth and bladder stays calm!
- Avoid wearing hoodies as they’re hard to tuck away as you recline back
- Avoid wearing your hair in a bun or pony tail to the back of your head as you’ll be unable to rest your head comfortably
- Place your phone on a quiet setting so you can relax
- Strictly no children. Sadly, I can’t childmind and lash at the same time and my studio isn’t suitable for them
- Strictly no plus ones as my treatment area isn’t equipped for extra guests
- Strictly no pets. I can’t pet-sit and my studio needs to stay sanitary with no puddles and poos
Consultations are performed free of charge on the understanding that a treatment will be performed within 2 weeks. Consultations are necessary to ensure that you are suitable for treatment, even if you have been treated elsewhere.
At the end of the consultation, new clients are asked to pay a non-refundable booking fee that amounts to 50% of the full treatment charge. This secures their appointment time and date. This is deducted from the outstanding balance that’s due that day.
All clients are expected to pay for their treatment in full, immediately after the service has been provided.
Major credit cards are accepted and ‘in person’ card payments are processed securely using Square.